منتديات مدارس طوخ الخاصة
أهلاً بكم في منتـديات مدارس طوخ الخاصة
*ملحوظة: بعد التسجيل يجب تفعيل العضوية من الإيميل
منتديات مدارس طوخ الخاصة
أهلاً بكم في منتـديات مدارس طوخ الخاصة
*ملحوظة: بعد التسجيل يجب تفعيل العضوية من الإيميل
منتديات مدارس طوخ الخاصة
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

الرئيسيةالبوابةأحدث الصورإحصائيات المنتدىالتسجيلدخول13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Photos16
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Oouuuo10

Facebook fan page
المواضيع الأخيرة
» امتحانات هندسة للصف الثالث الإعدادي (الفصل الدراسي الأول)
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالأحد فبراير 19, 2017 9:16 am من طرف elrayek

» المجموعة الكاملة من الــ BBC لتعلم اللغة الانجليزية Follow Me BBC Learning & BBC DVD English Plus
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالأحد فبراير 19, 2017 9:15 am من طرف elrayek

» حصريا اجدد واحلى مقدمات تعبير
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالسبت أغسطس 06, 2016 12:31 am من طرف elrayek

» أوائل الصف الثالث الثانوي (علمي علوم) بمدرسة طوخ الثانوية الخاصة 2012/2013
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالسبت أغسطس 06, 2016 12:24 am من طرف elrayek

» امتحانات الصف الثالث الاعدادى الفصل الدراسى الاول لعام 2011 -2012
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالأحد يناير 03, 2016 3:34 pm من طرف elrayek

» اهم كلمات اللغة الألمانية
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالجمعة فبراير 21, 2014 3:15 pm من طرف ayman

» تقريري عن محاضرة عن الإنعاش القلبي الرئوي
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالخميس أكتوبر 10, 2013 12:10 am من طرف سارة أيمن

» تقرير عن كتاب "رحلتي من الشك إلى الإيمان"
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالجمعة سبتمبر 13, 2013 1:53 pm من طرف سارة أيمن

» اقتباسات من كتاب "اندهش يا صديقي" لعبد الوهاب مطاوع
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالجمعة سبتمبر 13, 2013 1:50 pm من طرف سارة أيمن

» أوائل الصف الثالث الثانوي (علمي رياضة) بمدرسة طوخ الثانوية الخاصة 2012/2013
13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالثلاثاء سبتمبر 10, 2013 6:45 pm من طرف بسمة جميل

مواقع صديقة
To start blogging

13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends

اذهب الى الأسفل 
2 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
سارة أيمن
Admin
Admin
سارة أيمن

انثى
عدد المساهمات : 5871
العمر : 27
الموقع : --------------
العمل/الترفيه : طالبة
فصل : :'(
المزاج : disappointed
مزاجي اليوم : 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  423871799
المهنة : 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Studen10
الهواية : 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Readin10
أوسمة العضو : 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Oooo-o10
نقاط : 30412
السٌّمعَة : 201
تاريخ التسجيل : 06/12/2008

13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends    13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالجمعة أبريل 05, 2013 2:15 am

Laura Vanderkam, author of What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast (Portfolio, 2012) and What the Most Successful People Do on the Weekend (Portfolio, 2012), says successful people know that weekends are actually the secret weapon in professional success. “You need to hit Monday ready to go,” she says. “To do that, you need weekends that rejuvenate you, rather than exhaust or disappoint you. Cross-training makes you a better athlete, and likewise, exercise, volunteer work, spiritual activities, and hands-on parenting make you a better worker than if you just worked all the time.”

Executive coach Dale Kurow, M.S., says successful people usually spend their weekends participating in a “combination of family activities with their kids and spouse, errands, and creative activities to exercise the right side of their brain.”

Penelope Trunk, a career coach and author of Brazen Careerist: The New Rules for Success, adds: “A highly successful person is very focused on what they want to be doing. The weekend and the week look very similar: They are focused on creating the life they want.”

So who are “successful people,” and what exactly are they doing on weekends?

Sometimes success is defined by an internal compass, says Marsha Egan, a board certified professional coach.

“A successful person is usually one who has achieved a measure of happiness and fulfillment in their work, family, and spiritual life (however that is defined for the individual),” Kurow adds. “Most successful people need to feel a sense of accomplishment and are self-motivated to tackle the next challenge.”

Roy Cohen, career coach and author of The Wall Street Professional’s Survival Guide, believes success is often defined in two ways: Achieving and exceeding financial milestones or achieving great satisfaction through one’s work. “From my perspective as a career coach, real meaningful success bridges the two–great prosperity combined with real joy and passion for your work.”

Here are 13 things successful people do (or should be doing) on weekends:

1. Make time for family and friends. This is especially important for those who don’t spend much time with their loved ones during the week.

2. Exercise. Everyone needs to do it, and if you can’t work out 4 to 5 days during the workweek, you need to be active on weekends to make up for some of that time, Vanderkam says. It’s the perfect opportunity to clear you mind and create fresh ideas.

3. Pursue a passion. “There’s a creative director of a greeting card company who went back to school to pursue an MFA because of her love of art,” Kurow says. “Pursuing this passion turned into a love of poetry that she now writes on weekends.”

“Successful people make time for what is important or fun,” Egan adds. “They make space for activities that add to their life balance.”

4. Vacation. Getting away for the weekend provides a great respite from the grind of an intense week at work, Cohen says.

5. Disconnect. The most successful people avoid e-mail for a period of time, Vanderkam says. “I’m not saying the whole weekend, but even just a walk without the phone can feel liberating. I advocate taking a ‘tech Sabbath.’ Taking Saturday night to mid-day Sunday off is a nice, ecumenical time that works for many people.”

6. Volunteer. “I know a commercial real estate broker who volunteers to help with cook-off events whose proceeds are donated to the Food Bank,” Kurow says. “The volunteer work provides a balance to the heavy analytical work she does all week and fulfills her need to be creative — she designs the promotional material for the non-profit.”

Cohen says a lot of successful people participate in fundraising events. “This is a great way to network and to meet others with similar interests,” he says. “The visibility also helps in branding a successful person as philanthropic.”

7. Avoid chores. Every weekend has a few have-to-dos, but you want these to take the minimum amount of time possible, Vanderkam explains. Create a small window for chores and errands, and then banish them from your mind the rest of the time.

8. Plan. “Planning makes people more effective, and doing it before the week starts means you can hit Monday ready to go, and means you’ll give clear directions to the people who work for you, so they will be ready to go, too,” Vanderkam says.

Trunk agrees. She says successful people plan their month and year because “if you get stuck on short-term lists you don’t get anything big accomplished.”

9. Socialize. .
Go out with friends and family, or get involved in the local community.

10. Gardening/crafts/games/sports/cooking/cultural activities. This is especially important for those cooped up in an office all week.

11. Network. “Networking isn’t an event for a successful person, it’s a lifestyle,” Trunk says. Wherever they go and whatever they do, they manage to connect with new people.

12. Reflect. Egan says truly successful people make time on weekends to appreciate what they have and reflect on their happiness and accomplishments. As Rascoff said, “weekends are a great chance to reflect and be more introspective about bigger issues.”

13. Recharge. We live in a competitive world, Vanderkam says. “Peak performance requires managing downtime, too–with the goal of really recharging your batteries.” That’s how the most successful people get so much done.

Successful people know that time is too precious to be totally leisurely about leisure, Vanderkam concludes. “You’re not going to waste that time by failing to think about what you’d like to do with it, and thus losing the weekend to TV, puttering, inefficient e-mail checking, and chores. If you don’t have a busy workweek, your weekend doesn’t matter so much. But if you’re going from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day, it certainly does.”

COPIED then edited a little
Originally by : Jacquelyn Smith
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://zohor-mostaqble.ahlamontada.net
بسمة جميل
مراقبـ
مراقبـ
بسمة جميل

انثى
عدد المساهمات : 1875
فصل : 2 ث لغات
مزاجي اليوم : 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Pi-ca-28
الهواية : 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Writin10
أوسمة العضو : 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Untitl11
نقاط : 24477
السٌّمعَة : 88
تاريخ التسجيل : 13/12/2008

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends    13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالثلاثاء أبريل 09, 2013 6:55 pm

I think my weekend is just about chores. A long to-do list Sad
I hope I can improve that. Thanks Wink
سارة أيمن
Admin
Admin
سارة أيمن

انثى

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends    13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالخميس أبريل 11, 2013 9:33 pm

OK , let me tell u sth

I think u ALREADY do that

اقتباس :
Make time for family and friends

اقتباس :
Pursue a passion.
I think designing on PS counts Smile

اقتباس :
Plan.
I don't think u don't plan Very Happy

اقتباس :
Socialize
u usually hang out with ur friends in weekends ,, we used to do so Very Happy

اقتباس :
Network
no comment Very Happy

Regarding to

اقتباس :
Avoid chores
I will just say LOL Razz XDDDDDDDDDD

thank u Basma 4 reading the article and posting a comment ^_^

I got a new idea .. may be we can write down our own short list ! Very Happy

I will work on that Smile -Insha'Allah-
سارة أيمن
Admin
Admin
سارة أيمن

انثى

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: 13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends    13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends  Emptyالخميس أبريل 11, 2013 9:34 pm

u know what , successful ppl don't open Facebook every single free hour in the weekend
They interact in their school's forum instead Razz

I hope u got the msg Razz Razz Razz

13 Things Successful People Do On Weekends
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات مدارس طوخ الخاصة :: ركن المرحلة الثانوية :: English-
انتقل الى: